HackerEarth, the leading solutions provider to source, assess, upskill and engage software developer talent, today released an overview of its YoY growth and milestones. Between Q3 2020 – 2021, HackerEarth saw a record revenue growth of 144% increase in India and 185% in the US. This was accelerated by the launch of HackerEarth for Enterprises, the industry’s first comprehensive platform that unites every step of the tech employee lifecycle from sourcing, screening, interviewing and continuously engaging developer and data science talent.
Catalysts for this growth include the continued shift to remote workplaces and the subsequent spike in demand for a solution that improves and unifies the current fragmented market solutions in the developer hiring funnel. Accordingly, HackerEarth released an enhanced version of FaceCode as a standalone solution for conducting technical interviews with developers. The company also completed several key integrations with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), including LinkedIn Talent Hub and Lever.
“Regardless of industry, software continues to be the core driver of innovation and competitive advantage for enterprises large and small,” said Sachin Gupta, CEO of HackerEarth. “To meet the needs of our software-driven world, companies must put strategic thought into building the tech teams responsible for developing the software and applications of tomorrow. More and more tech and HR professionals are realizing the advantages of having comprehensive visibility of their developer and data science talent, and this is underpinning the mutual growth, success of us and our community.”
As a result of HackerEarth’s investments in its 6.5 million-strong developer community and in product development and tech integrations, organizations are able to effectively manage their entire developer lifecycle. This includes engaging and sourcing talent via hackathons and hiring challenges, building assessments in minutes, running coding interviews, and upskilling employees as new technologies and trends in software/application development emerge.
Q3 2020 – 2021 highlights:
- Revenue: Achieved 144% increase in revenue in India and 185% in the US, and a 160% overall increase
- Global customer base increased by 75%
- Surpassed 5 million members in its global developer community, a 40% YoY growth. In India, the growth rate has been slightly higher at 43%
- About 120 Hackathons hosted in India with a total of 2 lakh participants
- In India, hackathons have been organised with SAP, Rakuten, Accenture, Microsoft, HCL, Airbus, Amazon (AWS). Top themes include building solutions for COVID-related problems in healthcare, Data Science, Earth Day, AI and ML.
- 28,000 coding contests completed in India with 20 lakh participants
- Saw 210% YoY growth in assessments conducted
- Achieved 100% YoY growth in the number of interviews via its flagship interview platform – FaceCode
- Launched HackerEarth for Enterprises, the industry’s first comprehensive platform that unites every step of the tech employee lifecycle
- Released an enhanced version of FaceCode as a standalone solution for conducting technical interviews with developers. The enhancements include improved automation to save time before and during interviews, as well as advance HackerEarth’s commitment to enabling diversity and inclusion in hiring by reducing bias
- Launched full stack assessments to help recruiters efficiently evaluate the coding skills of full stack developers and simulate real-world tasks
- Integration with Jupyter Notebooks on HackerEarth Assessments for simplifying data science assessments, allows hiring managers to set real-time problems and provides candidates with a familiar environment
Key Partnerships and Projects
- Partnered with Lever, allowing recruiters to manage the applicant screening workflow faster and more efficiently
- Announced a new integration between online technical-recruitment tool HackerEarth Assessment and LinkedIn Talent Hub
- Hire101: Building future-ready tech team in 2021, 3-day virtual global conference
- Released Code in Progress 2021 Developer Survey Report
- Released State of Developer Recruitment 2020