Vi Business, the enterprise arm of Vodafone Idea Ltd. (VIL), has introduced Managed SIP service for businesses for whom voice calls are a key business resource. Most Indian BPOs/KPOs, the BFSI and IT/ITES, telemarketers, VAS providers, conference service providers and similar sectors are currently relying on legacy TDM based PRI connections from multiple vendors and do not have a clear view on the efficacy of each service. With Vi’s Managed SIP (MSIP), these organizations will now have the assurance of security as well as a window to monitor, measure and optimise their voice infrastructure. These services also help user clients get a complete view of their fixed telephony network, with best-in-class SLAs, voice analytics, quality scores and features to improve service efficiency.
§ Proactive monitoring of last mile and voice traffic
§ Availability of real time & historical reports on voice KPIs through portal
§ Monitoring & management of Customer Premises Equipment (CPE)
§ Dedicated Service desk
For business verticals and functions where voice is a key business resource, fixed telephony is of utmost importance. Globally, fixed telephony has evolved from legacy TDM to SIP (Session Initiation Protocol). Requirements for more flexible networks that adapt to new age IP networks, unified communications and the extended Work from Home scenario have triggered the growth of SIP Trunk services in recent months.
Announcing the launch of Managed SIP services for Enterprises in India, Abhijit Kishore, Chief Enterprise Business Officer, Vodafone Idea Limited, said “With the introduction of Vi Managed SIP service, Vi Business is now in a position to be a single point facilitator of comprehensive fixed telephony solutions that enable businesses to gain better control of their overall voice infrastructure and the ability to garner meaningful insights on voice performance for their clients/ internal stakeholders. I am confident that this significant addition to our basket of best in class, holistic communications solutions for Enterprises, will help our customer organisations transform the way they communicate with their customers”.
One of the most perceptible and measurable benefits of using Vi Managed SIP service is in the form of measurable enhanced service quality:
– Single trunk has multiple pilot numbers- This helps customers having multiple businesses to keep a tab on their expenses
– Unlimited voice channels/sessions on a single trunk- There’s no maximum limit on the number of channels a single trunk can configure. This helps customers in maintaining a single connection no matter how many sessions they have, thereby simplifying operational management
– Digital experience portal to access real time reports and review the network
– Proactive monitoring of problems to track the efficiency of voice resources
– Auto ticketing for threshold breach of KPIs, ensuring reduction in mean time to repair. In case of fault, dedicated customer service desk will work proactively to address and plug the breach of SLA parameters
– Future ready technology to help customers reduce their operating cost on purchase of hardware and manpower for managing them, besides doing away with hardware obsolescence.